Tiered Pods classroom offers traditional front-of-room orientation, but students are sitting in pod-style groups that are perpendicular to the front of the room.
Tiered Pods make large classes seem smaller by allowing students to easily shift their attention between the lecturer and the members of their small group. Large shared tables with portable white boards support a wide variety of team-based and group projects, and wider aisles allow faculty and TAs to circulate throughout the room.
Tiered Pod classrooms support multiple teaching and learning strategies but are ideal for balancing lecture-heavy content with small group discussions and activities.
Click on the room number below to view images of the Tiered Pod classroom.
Capacity + Room Images
- Room 3031 — 174 seats
Tiered Pods includes:
- Height Adjustable Lectern
- Touch Panel
- Resident PC with Blu Ray DVD player
- Mersive Solstice Wireless Presentation
- HDMI Input
- Wireless Microphones (1 handheld and 1 lavalier)
- Assistive Listening
- Lectern confidence monitor
- 2 Wall-mounted drop down projectors
- Power near each table
- Glass magnetic dry erase boards